How does WeConcile™ work?
Initially you will focus on:
- Deepening self-understanding and relationship understanding
- Education on ‘the science of love’
- De-escalating conflict if it exists
Later the focus will shift to:
- Developing increased empathy for each other
- Effective communication
- Creating closer connection and intimacy
WeConcile™ is like taking a class. You will be getting the latest relationship education. As you learn more, you will be able to make different choices in your relationship.
The exercises of WeConcile™ are designed to do a number of things:
- Trigger new awareness of yourself and your relationship
- Give you new tools to use in your relationship
- Provide content to discuss with your partner
To begin, rather than talking about the same old fight over and over, you will be asked to think about the mechanics of that fight, breaking it down, and finding out what is actually fueling the fight. We call your conflict dynamic your ‘cycle.’ This knowledge will build over a number of levels until you have restructured how you relate and greatly reduced your areas of conflict.
As you move through the program, you will learn new communication tools. You will be introduced to these tools as needed and guided through practicing them and mastering using them.
It can be helpful to reach out to the WeConcile™ COMMUNITY (anonymously of course – you will choose a screen name that protects your identity) to get additional support, at the exact level you are in the WeConcile™ process, if and when you are struggling or if you just feel like sharing an ‘ah-ha’ moment.